Thoughts of Suicide
If you’re feeling like you want to die, it’s important to tell someone. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.
Talk to someone you trust!
Let family or friends know how you feel. They may be able to offer support and help keep you safe. Having a conversation with someone you trust is what’s important.
Tips for coping with your feelings right now!
- Focus on getting through today; one step at a time
- Remove yourself from areas where drugs and alcohol are consumed
- Spend time with someone you trust, e.g. a friend
- Make sure that you are not alone when you feel down
- Do something that you usually enjoy, even though you may not feel like it right now
- Get professional help as soon as possible
Are you worried about someone else?
If you’re worried about someone, start a conversation with them. Ask open-ended questions like: “How are you feeling today…?”
Do not worry about giving advice. Just listen to what the other person says. Being a listener can greatly help them.
At elvesCARE we can facilitate improvements for people who have thoughts of suicide. All we need is your commitment to feeling good again!